Terms and Conditions
- Hindustan Unilever Limited ("HUL" or "Company") invites your participation to the "RIN Career Ready Academy" ("Academy") wherein various free courses under the below terms and conditions, would be imparted to the Participants (Also referred as "You") in Spoken English, Office Dressing and Interview training to help them enhance their soft skills for career enhancement and sustainable livelihood.
- The Academy is primarily for individuals, particularly women, with high school graduation but no further formal education.
- The Academy comprises of a) IVRS course imparted through telecommunication medium ("Mobile course"); b) Website based Online Course available through www.rin.in ("Web co urse") c) Live teleconference course to eligible Web course Participants (Telecon course);
- The Academy, its courses and any services therein are currently made available to the Participants free of charge for your personal and non-commercial use only subject to applicable telecom and data charges by your respective telecom/internet service provider.
- All interested individuals are required to register for the Academy either by:
- Giving a Missed call to a designated number informed by HUL for the Mobile course.
- Online registration through the Website for the Web course.
- After the selection of the relevant course, the registered participants ("Participants") would be required to complete a basic aptitude assessment test to determine the appropriate course difficulty.
- The Mobile course and Web course shall have 10 modules on career readiness pertaining to Spoken English, Office Dressing and Interview training prepared by our partner E-Age Edusolutions and Let's Talk (Learnex Academy Pvt. Ltd.) respectively, which are available to the Participant.
- The Participant shall at its option select either the Mobile course or Web course and register for the same in accordance to the above.
- A Participant shall be automatically opted out from the Mobile course in the event the Participant registers for the Web course through the website. The Participant shall be eligible only to the Web course after registration.
- The Participant shall be eligible for a Telecon course, on completion of all 10 modules either under the Mobile course or Web course. The company shall however have a sole discretion to amend the criteria and allot telecon courses to other Participants.
- A limited number of Participants, discretion of which lies with HUL, who complete the prescribed modules of the Web course shall be eligible for the Telecon course.
- The Telecon course shall:
- Be available to the Participants for a one time participation. The Participants shall not be eligible for another Telecon course even after completion of the required modules and criteria in the event the course has already been availed by the Participant before.
- Be conducted on a toll free number for the Participants. However the Company is within its rights to discontinue the toll free facility for Participants in the future at their discretion, subsequent to which, the Participant shall thereafter have to bear the incidental costs for telephone charges also.
- Comprise of 5 live sessions/modules of 20-25 minutes each conducted by our Partner e-Age, spread over a period of five days atleast.
- Require a batch of three (3) Participants for the Telecon course. The company may cancel and/or suspend the course and reassign it in the event of the minimum quorum not being met.
- Require the Participant to select the available time slot for the live Telecon course. It is understood and agreed that the time slot selected shall be same for all days of course and cannot be changed. The Company is not responsible to provide a replacement session if any session is missed by a Participant.
- Require the Participants to maintain discipline and decorum during the participation in the sessions. The Participants may be disqualified, suspended or terminated from further participation in the Academy by the Company.
I. A completion certificate is granted for the successful completion of either of the course by the Participant under Academy. The successful completion of either of the course shall include the completion of the Telecon course if prescribed thereafter.
2 ELIGIBILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
- Subject to further geographical restriction of the specific courses below, participation in the Academy is open to individuals who on the date of entry are legal residents of India, also are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and graduated from high school. Notwithstanding the above, the Academy is open to individuals below the age of 18 years, provided that consent is sought by them from their parents or legal guardians. Any fraudulent consent under the registration process is the sole responsibility of the Participant and would attract disqualification from the Academy.
- Participation to the IVRS Mobile course is open to only individuals residing and using a mobile number registered in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu.
- Subject to clause (a), participation to the Web course is open all individuals residing in the territory of India.
- HUL reserves the right to forfeit participation for any Participant who does not provide the required verification upon receiving the request/notification from HUL or its partners.
- The personal information shared by the participant i.e. Mobile Number, Email ID and Name, Date of Birth, education and work experience related details, etc. will be used in strict confidence by HUL & its other partners and these will not be passed to any third party outside the purpose of these terms herein.
- HUL implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the personal information when is entered, submitted, or accessed.
- The participant's personal information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without the participant's consent, other than for the express purpose of the Academy or purposes agreed in the terms and conditions herein.
4INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP
- The Academy, services and courses, application, its content (including but not limited to all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, videos, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code, design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel" and arrangement of such content and Application) are owned, controlled or licensed to the Company, and are protected by copyright, trademark and related intellectual property rights under the laws of India. You will not use outside the purpose herein, modify, remove, alter or obscure any asset or intellectual property part of the Academy.
- You are expressly prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting any of the intellectual property, particularly the content for any purposes, except as otherwise provided for in these Terms. Nothing otherwise stated or implied in the Terms confers on you any license or right to do so. You also agree not to use any robot or other automated means to access the Academy in any way or use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
- No purchase is necessary for Participants to participate in the Academy.
- Participants agreed and understand that the basic criteria and selection process for the courses, including any amendment if and when required, is at the sole discretion of HUL.
- All the incidental costs of participating in the Academy, including but not limited to data charges, are to be borne by the participants and the Company shall be in no way responsible for the same.
- HUL has the sole right to withdraw/ edit any aspect of the Academy at its discretion and/or alter the terms and conditions without prior notice and such withdrawal/editing and/or alteration of terms and conditions with/without prior notice shall be final and binding from the day of such amendment, as updated on the Website.
- Entries may only be submitted by individual Participants and are non-transferable. Multiple Entries and Group entries will not be accepted for participation in the Academy.
- By participating in this Academy, the Participants of the Academy grant unequivocal permission to HUL and its agents to take and store the photographs, testimonials and videos, etc. which feature the name, participant, his/representation or likeness. Such photographs, testimonials and videos taken therein may be used in full or parts by HUL for any promotional purposes of HUL and its brands, including the Academy, and the no other permission of any manner shall be required from the Participant in this regard.
- By participating in this Academy, the participant also agrees to receive further communication or intimations, though SMS / call / e-mail/ any other communication from HUL or any third party on its behalf, with respect to surveys, promotions, offers, or advertisements for HUL or it various brands and products.
- The Participant may withdraw/de-register from Web course by deleting his account under the Academy. This can be done by logging in, clicking on My Profile and then clicking on Delete Account. In addition to the opt-out available under the Academy, you would be able to opt-out from receiving future communications from HUL by sending us an email at email@example.com with the subject line "Rin Career Ready Academy: Opt Out" with your phone number.
- HUL's decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Academy and no correspondences will be entertained.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to inform HUL of any change in the address of correspondence.
- HUL shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, acts of God or any other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure.
- HUL reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify on any reasonable grounds, including tampering and cheating in the entry process, entry materials, course session or any part of the Academy.
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that when participating in the Academy, you may be exposed to advertising and promotional content of various products and services put up by the Company, including promotions and sales activities, contests and sweepstakes (collectively "Promotions"). Each Promotion may have Additional Terms and/or Rules or eligibility requirements which shall be posted or otherwise made available to you in connection therewith in accordance with applicable law.
- You understand and agree that HUL cannot control the telephone and internet network connectivity issues and congestion that may occur and affect conducting the Academy and courses thereunder. You (user) acknowledge and understand that the Academy is dependent on a mobile device or internet accessible device (for online courses), telecommunications network, infrastructure, connectivity and may vary due to external factors, including geographical area, atmospheric conditions and mobile traffic beyond the control of the Company. The Company is not liable for any deficiency, failure and difficulty in participating in the Academy, including any error, failure, interruption in transmission of messages due to any external factors mentioned above or beyond its control.
- The Company may discontinue or terminate Academy at its sole discretion and may terminate the services at any time, with or without notice to the Participants. You disclaim the Company and hold the Company harmless from any liability and/or loss of data due to such discontinuation or termination.
- Any act/conduct/negligence/omission on the part of the Participant during his/her participation of the campaign resulting in any loss, injury and damage to any third party shall be totally his/her responsibility and the Participant shall absolve and indemnifies HUL of any liability in respect of the same.
- This acceptance of the terms and conditions shall be deemed to have been given at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and the courts in Mumbai alone will have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in any way relating to or concerning these terms and conditions or any rights, duties, obligations or liabilities arising there under to the exclusion of all other courts in India.
- Rin Career Ready Academy, a public interest initiative of Hindustan Unilever Limited is non-formal corporate training course and is not recognized by or affiliated with any authority or organization under the formal educational system. Further, Rin Career Academy does not guarantee any future job prospects.
- You understand and agree that Company provides the courses and related services under the Academy on an 'as-is' and 'as available' basis. The content, services, applications and any other materials contained on or provided under the Academy are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all warranties including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, availability, completeness, security, compatibility and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded. Further, Company does not make any representations or warranties that the Services or the Application will be uninterrupted, free of viruses and other harmful components, accurate, error free or reliable. You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against the Company with respect to Application, Services and Content thereof.